by Monica Paici, Internal Marketing Director, PIN Business Network
I am pleased to share with you a new resource from PIN Business Network. We’ve been working on putting together tips, tricks and helpful hints in the complex digital landscape.
This week we have tackled the topics of business listing, growing your brand and AdWords checklist.
Error Free Listings – Is it really possible to clear them up? Does it matter?
Making your business visible online should be a top priority for any organization. A local business listing is an online profile that contains your business name, address, phone number, and other details. Free business listings can be found on thousands of websites including; Google+, Yelp, Bing, Facebook, Internet Yellow Pages, and Yahoo!. If there are errors in your listing, how can potential customers find you?
Just consider, a potential customer pulls out their smartphone and taps in a few characters in a search engine. The phone directs them to your website or address on a maps app or perhaps your phone number. If this information is incorrect, that potential customer may not walk through your door or worse, they may end-up at your competitors’ doorstep. If your information is right, your new customer finds you, calls your company; or walks in through the front door and makes a purchase.
It is possible to clean-up your listings. It takes manpower, time and patience, but it can be done. The problems must be searched for, identified, claimed, fixed and verified. Your online rankings depend on it. A basic, but unfortunate fact that most business listings contain at least one error. Often, business owners are too consumed with the everyday activities of their business to notice. common to think, “if my company’s listing is correct on Google, correct all across the web.” But incorrect listings are a huge problem that can cost you huge revenue.
Each online listing increases your chances of being found by potential customers and many of the local business indexes share data with each other. Therefore, the more places you are listed and the more visible you are, the more these indexes trust the accurateness of your business listing data, growing your chances of ranking well in local searches.
15 Reasons why Digital Media is the best way to grow your brand.
- Fast – Create it, build it and launch it in a matter of minutes.
- Measurable – Find out what is working and what is not in a click.
- Flexible – If it doesn’t work, fix it fast. Try doing that with a 30 second TV ad.
- Targeted – Put an end to “Spray, Pray & Hope” advertising and reach who you want, when you want and where you want.
- Sharable – Use the same ads across multiple platforms i.e. social media and display networks.
- Mobile – Reach people on their mobile devices with geotargeting and geopulsing.
- Viral – Share, share and share…your audience becomes your best promoter.
- Scalability – Buy less, buy more…you can do it all within seconds through one provider.
- Affordable – Traditional ads are costly and once placed, there is no adjusting your spend.
- Engaging – Track exactly how much time customers spend interacting with your brand.
- Omnipresent – Time spent online just keeps growing, reach customers 24 / 7 on multiple devices.
- Personable –Personalize your ads for specific audiences and individuals.
- “Creepy” – “Follow” potential customers around and remind them to buy from you.
- Rich – Rich media that is. Use text, video, images, and make your ads interactive.
- Immediate – Click-on, click-thru or click to call makes it that much faster to connect you with potential customers.
A Quick 9 Point Checklist to know if your AdWords company is doing a good job.
- Your account should be maintained at least weekly. Better yet, should be managed daily. There are minute changes in performance that could dramatically affect a campaign that if caught on a daily basis could save loss of ROI.
- Relevancy is the key. They should be creating ad copy that is relevant to your keywords, and making sure the landing pages are relevant to those as well.
- Your ads should be updated to the new Expanded Ad variations. They have longer character limits and have a proven higher CTRs. Old ad variations can still run, but can no longer be edited. If your ads aren’t updated, you have a major optimization opportunity.
- Your ad extension game should be strong. The more ad extensions you use, the more search page real estate you own and higher click-thru rates ensue. Are your campaigns using Structured Snippets, Callouts, Reviews, Message, Sitelinks? Do a deep dive.
- You are running modified broad match type, phrase or exact keywords to ensure no leakage on irrelevant keyword matches and clicks. Broad match is widely known as a massive bleeder of wasted spend due to unqualified search query matching.
- You are using the data to make objective decisions. Objectivity means that there is no guess work. The data is in the driver’s seat and results from previous campaigns and testing determine future courses of action.
- Conversion tracking is set-up for calls, forms, purchases, etc. and all are optimized and thoroughly analyzed for improvement over time.
- Your campaign traffic should be sent to your landing pages and not your home page. Landing pages, if built correctly, are proven to have higher conversion rates than home pages or even your website service pages.
- Your campaign settings and landing pages should be mobile friendly since on average, 50% of searches are done on a mobile device and that percentage is increasing dramatically each year.